- Legacy Hub and Spoke, QoS was applied per VC or DLCI
- With DMVPN, all spokes exist on same Tunnel and underlay.
- Per-Tunnel QoS for DMVPN fixes this.
- Spoke signals QoS group to hub through NHRP.
- ‘ip nhrp attribute group <group>’
- Group name must match between hub and spoke.
- QoS group name maps to QoS template on hub.
- ‘nhrp map group <group> service-policy output <policy>’
- Result is that each spoke has a separate QoS policy.
- Verified as ‘show policy-map multipoint on the hub.
Per Tunnel QoS with DMVPN is applied via group commands on each hub and spoke.
You create a group that has a Service-Policy applied to it, then on the spoke you’re joining a group to receive the attribute of QoS. Using groups allows the hub to push out a service policy to the spokes granularly. In a way it acts as a controller.
The group and service-policy can be seen by running a ‘show dmvpn detail’.