Internal Border Node:
- Border of SD-Access fabric to all other internal networks
- In and out of Fabric.
- When a PC in the SD-Access fabric tries reaching shared services, it will query the control plane node (LISP MS/MR) and find out it needs to go to the internal border node. The internal border node has an eBGP peering setup with the fusion router which allows the reachability to the Shared Services block.
- The internal border node is redistributing BGP into LISP and vice versa.
Default Border Node:
- Border of SD-access fabric to all other networks that are not internal networks.
- ie. vendors, internet, etc. Similar to default Route.
- Also known as PXTR
Anywhere Border Node:
- Can serve as both Internal and Default border node.